First and foremost, Geek City Games and Comics is dedicated to offering game enthusiasts a welcoming, friendly, and inclusive environment to enjoy their favorite games. We believe that being a good sport is more important than winning, and cliche as it may be, it is all in how you play the game. We are very mindful of the culture we want our store to generate, and will actively work towards creating it. We want everyone that comes into our store to feel at home. In order to accomplish this, we request that all of our guests abide by the following rules:
- No profanity: We understand that some (okay, a lot) of gamers have “colorful” language that they use on a semi-regular basis, but in order to make sure everyone feels comfortable we kindly ask that you refrain from using such language. Occasional slip-ups can and will happen, but please don’t make us ask you to stop, because we will.
- Be respectful of other people: This encompasses many things, from not leaving trash in the way of others to being mindful of how your actions and presence are affecting those around you. We want to make sure our store is a place the entire gaming community wants to frequent, and feels comfortable doing so.
- Don’t be a poor sport: We know, losing stinks, but that doesn’t give you the right to make someone else feel bad for winning. Be gracious in loss, be more gracious in victory. Being a poor loser (or a poor winner) will not be tolerated.
- If possible, be helpful: We want to expand the community of gamers in the area, and the only way to do that is to help those in the community. If someone asks you to explain a rule that they don’t understand, and you’re able, please do so. If someone makes a mistake, don’t make them feel bad for it, help them to learn the proper way to play. Remember that we were all new once, and if we didn’t get help from those more experienced we wouldn’t know any better ourselves.
- Have fun!: We’re playing games, after all. If you’re coming into the store to make money off of your play time, the casino is just down the road. If you’re coming in to practice for an upcoming, higher level event, let us know and we will make a special spot for you and your testing group and make sure the rest of those playing the same game understand that you’re in the store to prep. Barring certain rare exceptions (i.e. high prize competitive events and the like), we want fun to be the focus of your time with us, not winning and losing.
Merchandise and sales policy
- All credit/debit transactions under $5 will be subjected to a $0.25 fee.
- Returns: Returns will be accepted for 15 days on sealed, undamaged, non-single card items. Returns require the original receipt.
- Do not sell items to other customers within our store: We understand that our customers will sell things to each other, we just ask that you refrain from such sales while at the store.